- This event has passed.
Understanding and Obtaining HUBZone Certification (Webinar)
July 11 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm$75
Format: Live webinar (on-demand recording will be available on July 17th)
Duration: Approx. 90 minutes
Instructors: Matthew Moriarty and Ian Patterson, Koprince Law LLC
NCMA Certifications: 1.5 CPEs
APTAC Certifications: 0.75 ATCs
APTAC BOK: C.3 Representations and Certifications; C.17 Socio-Economic Programs (Core)
*Your registration includes access to the on-demand recording.
In late 2018, the SBA proposed to make sweeping changes to the HUBZone program. The changes would overhaul the program with the goal of making compliance easier for HUBZone firms and hopefully help the government hit its annual 3% goal. We’ll discuss the current HUBZone requirements and the proposed changes. In this course, government contract attorneys, Ian Patterson and Matt Moriarty provide an overview of the HUBZone program’s requirements, including:
- Ownership, control, and other HUBZone eligibility criteria.
- Benefits: HUBZone set-asides, sole-source contracts, and price preference.
- The principal office rule and why it may not be your headquarters.
- The 35% employee rule and how the SBA has proposed to clarify the “attempt to maintain” standard.
- Who qualifies as an employee and what happens if they move.
- Annual certification and why this proposed change would in fact be helpful.
- Allowing concerns to request reconsideration of a formal denial (but still no appeal process).
- Maintaining compliance in a changing landscape.
If you’re a HUBZone concern trying to navigate these uncharted waters or have thought about obtaining HUBZone certification in the future, this course is for you.
In partnership with Govology.
Contact Dennis Casey at firstname.lastname@example.org for a special offer – PTAC Clients only!