- This event has passed.
Procurement Certification Alphabet Soup (Ft. Collins)
December 17, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 amFree
Subject Matter Expert (SME), Kaye Mitchell, CEO of Certify to Success, has 20+ years consulting successful clients through the government procurement, small business certification process. This workshop is highly suggested before attempting the certification process. It will also provide some answers and direction for when and if you should get certified and how to best leverage the certification for winning government contracts.
You will learn key qualifications, application pit-falls and benefits to help you determine when/if the time is right to apply for Federal, State, and Local, Small Business Socio-Economic Preference Program Certifications. And ideas on how to market them!
The list for Federal Certifications include:
– Small Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (SDB) and the 8(a)
– Economically Disadvantaged and Women-owned SB (ED/WOSB)
– Service-Disabled/Veteran-owned SB (SD/VOSB)
The list for City / County of Denver and CDOT SB Certifications include:
– Disadvantage Business Enterprise (DBE)
– Women: WBE – Minority: MBE
– Emerging: ESB
Questions often asked are:
– Am I eligible for any certification?
– How long must I be in business to qualify?
– Do I have to submit an Income Tax return showing past performance?
– Which government buyers and agencies accept these certs?
– How long does it take to get certified and how difficult is the process?
– When is it the right time to be a certified SB?
– What guaranty do I have in winning a government contract by having a certification?
This workshop will take place in the Jewell Lake Room on the 4th Floor.