- This event has passed.
Government to Business Speed-Marketing Round Table (Aurora)
March 12 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pmNo Fee
Instead of the usual monthly Government to Business’ (G2Bs) this year, Aurora PTAC is offering a type of Speed-Matching between businesses and the government Agency Representatives (SB Specialists or Contracting Representatives.)
To begin, PTAC will facilitate business introductions (it’s important that you arrive early in order to be included.) Each business rep must be prepared to present a 30-second introduction of:
1. The firm’s name,
2. Their name and position with the firm,
3. What product or service they sell stating their Primary NAICS code,
4. What socio-economic certifications they hold, and
5. Which primes or government agencies they are currently working with.
After the firm’s introductions, the Agency Reps will have 5-to 7–minutes each to share the following information to the entire group using a one-page hand-out (front and back) or an agency brochure showing:
1. The agency’s web site showing how to find bids.
2. A list of general items and services your agency purchases on a regular basis.
3. List of buying office contacts, and/or a list of buyer contact info with what they buy (short list of goods/services.)
4. A list of current purchases up for bid and FORECASTed items/services that are projected to purchase for the FY and/or beyond (on a handout if you have it.)
5. Your Contact Information and the best way to reach you (email or VM or attend Industry Days held on (date/time), etc?)
Then the 10-minute per table Speed-Matching will begin with only six (6) rotations; so choose out of these eight (8) Agency Reps the 6 you want to meet:
1. VA VISN19 Small Business Specialist
2. VA National Acquisition Center, Commodities & Services Acquisition Service
3. Arapahoe County Purchasing Manager
4. Aurora City Manager of Purchasing Services
5. CDOT- Procurement Specialist
6. Denver Purchasing Div – Business Outreach Coordinator
7. RTD- SB Office Mgr & Certification Specialist
8. CO STATE Purchasing Office – Supplier Diversity Liaison
These round table discussions will provide marketing opportunities with Agency Reps and other potential business partners so it is advised to bring business cards and/or the firm’s Capability Statement to share with others.
*PLEASE PRE-REGISTER so we can notify you due to speaker changes, weather CANCELLATIONS, etc. If Aurora Public Schools or Arapahoe govt offices are closed, this class will be cancelled.
We also appreciate 24-hour notice if you need to cancel.