- This event has passed.
SBDC Workshop: QuickBooks (Online Version): Introduction (Part 1)
February 14 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm$75
Topic: Business Accounting and Budget
This is a great course for the small business owner, or for assistants, who primarily handle the finances! This interactive QuickBooks Online course will cover:
1. How the online software works and how to navigate through the program;
2. How to create a new Company with QuickBooks including settings preferences, setting open balance, and entering customers, vendors, and accounts;
3. How to enter vendor information, as well as descriptions & prices for products and services;
4. How to work with registers, including opening registers, making entries, and reconciliation; and
5. How to handle bills in QuickBooks, including how to enter & pay bills; entering discounts from vendors
6. Credit card accounts and transactions; how to create and track asset and liability accounts; and an introduction to equity accounts;
7. Sales and purchase forms; how to create a new invoice; the QuickBooks Item list and how to add new items; how to create invoice letters & sales orders; and how to track backorders;
8. How to record customer payments; how to handle customer discounts, partial payments, overpayments, or down payments; how to record a deposit, including cash back; how to process credit cards
9. Financial data tools: QuickReports, preset reports, and graphs; how to save reports in Excel or PDF format.
This class is followed by QuickBooks Online Part 2, typically one week after Part 1. The course is offered quarterly. A QuickBooks (Desktop Version) course is also offered quarterly. It is not required to take Part 1 before Part 2.
Paul DuMond, CPA
Founder, Beyond the Box Accounting, LLC
Read Paul’s Bio
About the Financial Track:
This workshop is part of our Financial Track, a series of workshops empowering entrepreneurs to manage business finances, offered quarterly. Find other Financial Track workshops or register for the full track here. (Other tracks include the Management Track, Marketing Track, and Start-up Track.)
NOTE: Pre-payment for the class is REQUIRED! (If you are unable to attend, you will not receive a refund unless you cancel 24 hours in advance. Thank you for your cooperation!)
Fee: $ 75.00
Register and Pay Online