Welcome to Colorado PTAC!
Colorado PTAC is pleased to introduce you to our newest recruit! Donna
Danford is joining us as a full time counselor in the Catalyst Campus office. Donna has a vast amount of experience working with government contracts from the industry side. She has performed as a subcontracts manager and Small Business Liaison Officer for several companies including a couple well known on the front range. She earned her Juris Doctorate which will certainly help her and our team serve you better. Next time you swing by the Colorado Springs location be sure to drop in and meet Donna!
As your business grows and starts engaging in various relationships you must always consider how affiliation will affect you. The government looks at affiliation as follows “Business concerns are affiliates of each other if, directly or indirectly, either one controls or has the power to control the other, or another concern controls or has the power to control both. In determining whether affiliation exists, consideration is given to all appropriate factors including common ownership, common management, and contractual relationships; provided, that restraints imposed by a franchise agreement are not considered in determining whether the franchiser controls or has the power to control the franchisee, if the franchisee has the right to profit from its effort, commensurate with ownership, and bears the risk of loss or failure. Any business entity may be found to be an affiliate, whether or not it is organized for profit or located in the United States or its outlying areas.” FAR 19.101 But there’s more than the FAR, 13 CFR 121.103 talks about how the SBA determines affiliation.
As a competitor in the bidding process you have a right to challenge the size of other competitors and they can challenge you. Any size protest must have credible evidence of an infraction before the SBA will commence a determination investigation. If the SBA finds you affiliated you are forbidden from claiming small business status until there is a significant fracture of the entities involved. If you wish to appeal a finding you may do so with the SBA’s Office of Hearings and Appeals. There are certain timeframes for filing and you must provide evidence indicating there was an error in the determination but it may save your contracting future if you rely on being small.
Dennis Casey, Executive Director of CPTAC
Good Morning (NAME),
Your SAM registration for your CAGE Code (XXXXX) has been received and is in processing. The next step is to assign your company a Senior Case Manager whose function is to manually process all of your profile details in the various federal databases as required per Federal Acquisition Regulations.
For this, a $599 registration fee is immediately due and payable with any major credit card. Please find the attached document for your completion.
Simply click on the REVIEW DOCUMENTS button here to begin. Locate all fields highlighted in red and fill in the blanks as required. Upon receipt, a Senior Case Manager will follow up with you by email or phone to complete the process and ensure proper filings.
- An update on energy and water/wastewater projects you can bid on in 2018-2019.
- Roundtable discussions with procurement staff and project managers.
Where: The Antlers Hotel Heritage Room, 4 S. Cascade Ave., Colorado Springs, CO 80903
2018 Contracting Opportunities Fair – “Opening Doors”
- A dedicated exhibitor table to showcase your business. Informal networking with agencies, organizations, fellow businesses, and attendees will happen throughout the day
- Opportunities to take advantage of highly-curated one-on-one meetings with agencies, primes, and corporations who specifically fit your capabilities (reserved only for businesses who purchase a table)
- Tiered opportunities for sponsorship and exposure in our Event Program
Training Opportunities with DLA
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Job Title: Procurement Counselor
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Position Type: Full Time, Salary
The Procurement Counselor will deliver quality, cost-effective and expeditious counseling to Colorado PTAC clients for obtaining government contracts. This will include general counseling on business development, which involves knowledge of how to create professional relationships with government program managers and contracting officers, as well as with prime contractors. A working knowledge of best business practices specifically for performing on government contracts is required, which shall include a pragmatic knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation, as well as State procurement regulations. Will work closely with community partners, including SBDCs, Chamber of Commerce, Economic Development organizations, Incubators, and local government entities.
• The Procurement Counselor shall adhere to a code of generally accepted standards of professional conduct
• The Procurement Counselor will conduct his/her professional activities in accordance with the highest standards of ethics and integrity and avoid any real or perceived conflicts of interest
• Counselor will exercise independent judgment and discretion
• Candidate shall be familiar with the life cycle of government(s) procurement process(es), and provide clients with the needed advice for success
• Shall coordinate and lead workshops on specific topics of interest in government procurement
• Shall review potential client responses to solicitations, including price comparison, conformity to Statement of Work, delivery terms, payment terms, and other terms and conditions of the procurement
• Provide guidance to the client in terms of setting up contracts or teaming arrangements for suppliers or subcontractors on a potential project
• Provide guidance on a variety of registrations and certifications such as the System for Award Management, SBA small business preference programs, etc.
• Seek out and participate in training venues to enhance personal knowledge
• Perform in-state travel IAW government travel regulations to provide services to clients in various locales
• Perform other out-of-state travel for training as directed, usually twice per year.
• Exercise good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information and adhere to high standards of confidentiality and honesty
• Plan, organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks to perform job functions in an orderly, efficient manner
• Work independently with minimal supervision
• Review, proofread, and verify forms and financial documents for accuracy in calculation, coding, and adherence to policies and procedures
• Identify problems, analyze alternatives, and develop viable recommendations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Compose written materials of moderate to complex difficulty on procurement related issues
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of assignment
• Perform detailed contractual and financial work with a high degree of accuracy
• Maintain knowledge and awareness of key players in various government procurement offices throughout the region and state
• Maintain knowledge and awareness of procurement practices and standards of various government procurement offices throughout the region and state
• Able to represent the PTAC as lead to various government procurement offices throughout the region and state
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
• BA/BS in Business Administration, Acquisition Management, or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
• 10 years of increased responsibility in the government procurement environment
• Education and experience may be traded off as appropriate by Executive Director
• Knowledge of government procurement principles and processes
• Possess advanced knowledge of government procurement which is customarily acquired by a prolonged course of specialized training in all aspects of government procurement.
• Ability to gain various APTAC or other Procurement Counselor certifications
• Proficiency in the use of software applications e.g. MSWord, Excel, Outlook, database management, and internet use
• Must be willing to travel to client counseling sites as needed
• Must be proficient and comfortable speaking to large and small groups of people
• Must be willing to reach out to PTAC Sponsors, Partners and Civic Groups to build awareness and support of PTAC Mission
• Read, comprehend and interpret written materials of moderate to complex difficulty
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org